Now with Push Notification, AIM lets you stay even more connected with the people you care about right on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Communicate whenever you want, wherever you are. Connect with friends and family and keep track of status, location, and presence updates in real time.
- Send and receive messages over WiFi, EDGE, or 3G networks*
- Connect to anyone on the AIM network worldwide, whether they're on AOL, AIM, ICQ, .mac or MobileMe
- See who's available before you contact them
- Configure multiple screen names and switch between identities any time
- Stay logged in for up to 24 hours and receive notifications through Apple's Push Notification service (iPhone OS 3.0 or higher only) or via SMS when you receive new IMs
- View expressions and update status
- Send IMs and SMS text messages* - even from an iPod Touch
- View your buddy list and conversations in landscape mode
- Take pictures with the built-in camera to use as your buddy icon
- Share your location with your buddies and find out who's nearby with the Buddies Near Me smart buddy group
- Manage your Buddy List feature, choose Favorites, or add a new buddy anytime. Your changes are automatically synced with iChat and AIM for Windows or Mac.
- Access your Contacts directly from within AIM - send an IM to a screen name or an SMS to a phone number.
It's easy to get started. Just sign in using your existing AOL, AIM, .mac or MobileMe name, or register for a free screen name right from your device.
Any service can send messages. But with AIM, you're really connected.
You may also be interested in AIM (Free Edition), the ad supported version of AIM. Find it on the App Store - just look for the red icon.
Let us know what you think about AIM and hear from our team at http://iblog.aol.com/.
* iPod Touch only supports WiFi; SMS notifications require an iPhone with a wireless data plan and charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
SMS features are not available in all countries.